Real World Evidence Roundtable for Immunology: Shared Challenges Roundtable
To accelerate usage of data in healthcare, we are aiming to create new, effective, entrepreneurially-minded bottom-up initiatives in the framework of the annual Hack Healthcare event.
One of the areas we’ve identified in conversations with the ecosystem is Real World Evidence (RWE): while there are already several initiatives in that space, more progress is needed.
All companies active in immunology face similar challenges linked to Real World Evidence (RWE):
– Securing insights in long-term outcomes of diseases (in broad population, unselected patients seen in daily practice)
– Understanding adherence to treatment guidelines and cost-effectiveness of therapy
– Understanding patient profiles and switching behaviour of patients related to clinical outcomes
Can we identify a few straightforward issues where a short, sharp proof-of-concept project in collaboration with the right IT company or a startup would help everyone make rapid progress? Could we envisage a shared task force to address these challenges as a group?
A moderated online Roundtable of 6 pharma executives (market access and medical professionals) to openly share the (non-competitive) bottlenecks they encounter, and together find a few avenues towards solutions.
During the workshop, we will:
– Create an inventory of bottlenecks encountered by all of the pharma companies around the table
– Identify low-hanging fruits where a joint action (or a jointly financed project) can bring quick results
– List potential partners for this action or project
– Discuss potential for bringing a shared Challenge to Hack Healthcare as a catalyst for making progress
The Roundtable will take place on Friday, 11th March from 9:30 to 12:00, and is free for the participants.
The Roundtable is organised by Hack Belgium Labs, Esperity & Patient Centrics as part of the preparations for Hack Healthcare. It is not linked to any obligation to participate in Hack Healthcare 2022.
If you or a colleague would like to take part in the Roundtable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning to organise similar workshops around other topics in the future. If you’re interested in RWE or other data-related issues in pharma but immunology is not directly relevant for your company, please leave us a few details here