A NEW KIND OF AN OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS THE LOGISTICS ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
Coronavirus crisis threw into sharp contrast profound issues that the Logistics industry has been dealing with for years, and at the same time, it highlighted critical new opportunities. A fresh perspective, new creativity, and new level of collaboration are necessary for every company and organization involved in Logistics, and Hack Logistics is the open forum for accelerating that.
Hack Logistics is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for everyone involved in Logistics or impacted by Logistics problems, from cities to transport companies. Its purpose is is to help you to come up with new ideas, explore new business models and new technologies, and immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
THEMES AND CHALLENGES OF HACK Logistics 2021 EDITION
Sustainable Last Mile
- Electrification of fleet – ensuring enough electricity, fast enough
- Reduce emissions from last-mile delivery through closer collaboration between authorities and transport companies
- Renovation of “legacy” buildings for serving as base for electric fleets
Efficient inner-city logistics
- Convert disused parking lots into inner-city micro logistics hubs – what are the business model opportunities?
- Optimize builgins regulations for new constructions – produce practical policty recommendations to enable a sustainable economic model
Shock-resistant Supply Chain
- Leverage forecasting tools and broader range of data (not only map and congestion data) to optimize response to peaks and lows
- Better integrate human and automatic labor
Here’s how all of the
Hack events work
- Deep dives in the problems and opportunities delivered by a cross- functional team of experts
- Two rounds of ideation and networking
- Technology briefings: case studies of technology implementations from Belgium and abroad
- Team formation and networking sessions
- Idea stretching and validation with experts and users
- Solution mapping, elaboration and validation with experts & prosumers
- Presentations to peers and panelists
- Reception & networking
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF HACK LOGISTICS CREATED?
Hack Logistics is open to participants from every kind of company or organization involved in Logistics: transportation managers, IT and operations specialists, business developers, and other hands-on professionals. Front-line staff, middle management, and senior leaders are all welcome!
Transport and Logistics companies; major users of logistics services (from retailers to consumer goods); mature technology companies (from AI to IoT to Drones); vehicle and equipment manufacturers; energy, telecom, hardware and other technology providers; infrastructure and construction companies; etc.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Cities and Public Transport Organizations
Startups and startup organizations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
government, NGOs and consumer organizations
IN-PERSON EVENTS FOR THE POST-COVID-19 ERA
Experience shows that online events do not provide the kind of human connection and collaborative creativity necessary for a successful innovation experience.
Hack Healthcare will take place in person with full range of precautions: number of participants within permitted limits, disposable masks and hand gels, overnight cleaning, etc.
In case tightened regulations make the events impossible on their scheduled dates, the events will be postponed by approximately 3 months.
The humans behind Hack Logistics.
BECAUSE A HACKATHON
IS COMPLICATED TO ORGANIZE,
IT DESERVES ATTENTION FROM
ONE OF OUR FOUNDERS, LEO.
CHECK OUT OTHER EVENTS
This year we’re organizing a series of five interconnected events: Hack Healthcare, Hack UR, Hack Logistics, Hack Mobility and Hack Utilities. Each of the events is your opportunity to discover a partiuclar ecosystem, to dive deep into its problems, and to meet its leading innovators. Have a look at the content of the other four events:
- April 27-28, 2021
- Autumn 2021
- Spring 2022
- Spring 2022