A NEW KIND OF AN OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS THE UTILITIES ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
Organizations across the Utilities industry feel the need to explore new business and technological opportunities to enhance sustainability of the indsutry. In the context of static business models and substantial regulatory burden, a new level of creativity and collaboration is necessary to successfully innovate, and to unlock the promise of (digital) technologies.
Hack Utilities is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for the Energy, Water, and Telecom industries. Its purpose is is to help you to come up with new ideas, to explore new business models and new technologies, and to immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
THEMES AND CHALLENGES OF HACK Utilities 2022 EDITION
Next-generation local grids
- New ideas for overcoming NIMBY
- Evaluate role of Hydrogen in local energy storage
- Explore new opportunities for waste heat in local energy systems
Hydrogen: new use cases
- Explore opportunities for a new market for “green” hydrogen
- Examine new possibilities for niche applications of hydrogen
- Evaluate new business models for hydrogen and energy storage at scale
- Explore business opportunities linked to the new high frequency energy data inflow (B2B and B2C)
- Changing end-user behaviour with new tarification structures and other solutions (e.g. hardware-related)
- Open Energy Data – what are the business model opportunities outside the Energy industry?
Greywater Capture and Recycling
Here’s how all of the
Hack events work
- Deep dives in the problems and opportunities delivered by a cross- functional team of experts
- Two rounds of ideation and networking
- Technology briefings: case studies of technology implementations from Belgium and abroad
- Team formation and networking sessions
- Idea stretching and validation with experts and users
- Solution mapping, elaboration and validation with experts & prosumers
- Presentations to peers and panelists
- Reception & networking
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF HACK UTILITIES CREATED?
Hack Utilities is open to participants from across the entire energy/water/wastewater treatment/telecom ecosystem: product managers, IT and operations specialists, business developers, and other hands-on professionals. Front-line staff, middle management, and senior leaders are all welcome!
Water authorities, energy providers, telecom operators, hardware and other technology providers, etc.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Installers and service providers
Startups and startup organizations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
government and NGOs
IN-PERSON EVENTS FOR THE POST-COVID-19 ERA
Experience shows that online events do not provide the kind of human connection and collaborative creativity necessary for a successful innovation experience.
Hack Healthcare will take place in person with full range of precautions: number of participants within permitted limits, disposable masks and hand gels, overnight cleaning, etc.
In case tightened regulations make the events impossible on their scheduled dates, the events will be postponed by approximately 3 months.
The humans behind Hack Utilities.