A NEW KIND OF AN OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS THE MOBILITY ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
To effectively deal with coronavirus, lockdown, and the lasting consequences of both, a new level of creativity and collaboration is necessary for every company and organization involved in Mobility. What are the new infrastructure, technology, business model, and regulatory solutions? We don’t know – so bringing together the brightest people in the industry to work them out sounds like a good idea.
Hack Mobility is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for everyone involved in Mobility or impacted by mobility problems, from cities to transport companies to large employers. Its purpose is is to help you to come up with new ideas, explore new business models and new technologies, and immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
THEMES AND CHALLENGES OF HACK MOBILITY 2021 EDITION
Cleaning Up Mobility
- Drastically increasing availability of charging infrastructure across different modes of transport
- Evaluate possiblities for accelerated hydrogen introduction for fleets
Optimizing Use of Car Infrastructure
- Reduce parking spaces to reduce cost of newly constructed office buildings
- Leveraging underground parking in our office buildings during off-peak hours
- Expanding mobility hubs infrastructure
Ending Rush Hour
- Enhancing possiblities for Work From Home (WFH)
- Exploring alternative work locations: working on the go and from coworking and shared spaces
- Enabling work at any pace by shifting the work hours
Here’s how all of the
Hack events work
- Deep dives in the problems and opportunities delivered by a cross- functional team of experts
- Two rounds of ideation and networking
- Technology briefings: case studies of technology implementations from Belgium and abroad
- Team formation and networking sessions
- Idea stretching and validation with experts and users
- Solution mapping, elaboration and validation with experts & prosumers
- Presentations to peers and panelists
- Reception & networking
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF HACK MOBILITY CREATED?
Hack Mobility is open to participants from every kind of company or organization involved in Mobility: product managers, IT and operations specialists, business developers, and other hands-on professionals. Front-line staff, middle management, and senior leaders are all welcome!
Mature technology companies (from AI to IoT to Drones); manufacturers of cars, buses, trucks and other vehicles; energy, telecom, hardware and other technology providers; infrastructure and construction companies; etc.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Cities and Public Transport Organizations.
Startups and startup organizations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
government and NGOs
IN-PERSON EVENTS FOR THE POST-COVID-19 ERA
Experience shows that online events do not provide the kind of human connection and collaborative creativity necessary for a successful innovation experience.
Hack Healthcare will take place in person with full range of precautions: number of participants within permitted limits, disposable masks and hand gels, overnight cleaning, etc.
In case tightened regulations make the events impossible on their scheduled dates, the events will be postponed by approximately 3 months.
The humans behind Hack Mobility.
BECAUSE A HACKATHON
IS COMPLICATED TO ORGANISE,
IT DESERVES ATTENTION FROM
ONE OF OUR FOUNDERS, LEO.
CHECK OUT OTHER EVENTS
This year we’re organizing a series of five interconnected events: Hack Healthcare, Hack UR, Hack Logistics, Hack Mobility and Hack Utilities. Each of the events is your opportunity to discover a partiuclar ecosystem, to dive deep into its problems, and to meet its leading innovators. Have a look at the content of the other four events:
- April 27-28, 2021
- Autumn 2021
- Spring 2022
- Spring 2022