We always look forward to meeting people that want to work with us in any capacity, from volunteering in our events to integrating our staff. If you don’t see any positions of interest below, just reach out and tell us what you would like to do and why you would be a great fit.
Our jobs are also available in our Linkedin profile. Follow Hack Belgium Labs to be updated on what we are doing.
Event Program Manager
The event project manager is responsible for the practical aspects of preparation and execution of Hack Belgium Labs events, working simultaneously on two-three events of various sizes.
Your responsibilities will include to:
- Work with the company’s senior experts to develop content and program of each event
- Elaborate in detail the program of the events: plan the necessary sessions and workshops, identify necessary staff and external service providers, etc.
- Determine and maintain the schedule of preparation for the event for the entire team, helping all team members to set priorities and to remain on track
- Design and carry out the appropriate logistics processes for the event (offline or online) in collaboration with service suppliers: designers, facilitators, equipment, venue or catering providers, etc.
- Develop and execute the process for recruiting experts and other non-paying participants: set up the recruitment questionnaires online, review applications and follow up with applicants, etc.
- Identify, select and recruit experts and speakers based on the lists of participants of previous events or on own research
- Manage experts and speakers: help them prepare for their participation, e.g. by designing standard presentation templates, maintain contact in the run-up to the event
- Recruit other non-paying participants and work with the communications colleagues to keep them up to date / maintain their interest
- Work with the communications colleagues to help them develop the communications aspects of the event, from the visuals to email templates
- Serve as liaison with key clients on customer events (prepare agenda for and join regular meetings with clients)
- Provide input and keep an eye on event budgets
The ideal person would be:
- Insanely structured, thorough and detail-oriented
- Capable of quickly grasping the content of the events
- Highly independent
- Familiar with the following tools:
- Google Workspace
- Comfortable with basic workflow automation (e.g. connecting Typeform to Google Sheets)
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Professional or volunteer experience with organising events for 100+ participants in the past is a must, experience with hackathons a plus
- Long term full time engagement, preferably freelance (employment contract possible if needed)
- Location-independent work, largely on your own schedule
- Work for curious minds that want to learn, understand and do
- Social impact and significance into everything we do
- Amazing network across multiple industries
- Transparent and diverse international working environment
- Opportunity to be entrepreneurial within the Hack Belgium Labs business and to build your own business
How to apply:
- Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Videos of hackathons we have organized