We always look forward to meeting people that want to work with us in any capacity, from volunteering in our events to integrating our staff. If you don’t see any positions of interest below, just reach out and tell us what you would like to do and why you would be a great fit.
Our jobs are also available in our Linkedin profile. Follow Hack Belgium Labs to be updated on what we are doing.
The core business of Hack Belgium Labs is creating and executing innovation events, predominantly B2B hackathons for professionals, both for our clients and on our own initiative.
Promoting our events – towards potential participants and towards potential clients – is the key role of the Communications Manager.
That’s not all, however: being the custodian of our brand, making sure the company stays top-of-mind with our potential clients, and becomes (over time) the reference for outstanding hackathons in Belgium and across Europe are all substantial parts of the job
Tasks will include:
- Supporting our Event Program Managers in all the communications aspects of the events they are working on, before, during, and after the event:
- Co-create communications plans and budgets for each of the events
- Oversee design of communications materials, from event pages to social media posts and advertising to printed materials
- Create or source necessary content – primarily interviews (text), possibly podcasts / webinars, live mini-events
- Plan and execute social media posts to promote the events
- Create event communication kits, share them with relevant event partners, and make sure that the partners communicate in a timely manner
- Work with event partners or clients to make sure their communications needs are met
- Developing and executing communications strategy for the company (newsletter, social media presence, PR, and other channels)
- Constructing and filling the sales funnel for all products and services we offer – from event tickets to custom hackathons – in collaboration with Event Program Managers and Sales
- Maintaining and improving the company website with the focus on capturing leads and accelerating event ticket sales
- Managing external suppliers – web and graphic designers, content writers, photographers and videographers, PR or growth hacking specialists
- Keeping an eye on the overall communications budget and optimize it over time
Ideal profile would be:
- Insanely structured, thorough and detail-oriented
- Ready to roll up the sleeves and get things done – we don’t always have the budget or the time to outsource things
- Willing to experiment and to learn from mistakes (ideally, other people’s mistakes)
- Solid writing skills and an eye for design
- Strong affinity with UX and UI design
- Highly independent
- Familiar with the following tools:
- Google Workspace
- Photoshop or siilar
- Comfortable with basic workflow automation (e.g. connecting Typeform to Google Sheets)
- Fluent in English, other Western European languages are a plus
- Prior experience in communications (especially in social media management) is a plus
- Online lead generation experience is a plus
- Professional or volunteer experience with organising events for 100+ participants is a plus, experience of organizing and participating in hackathons is a big plus
People with limited relevant experience are welcome to apply – we’ll train you on the tools and concepts you need, offer an excellent opportunity to learn by doing, and invest in your training when necessary.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Videos of hackathons we have organized
These videos will give you a better picture of the events we organize: