A NEW KIND OF AN OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
Organizations across the Healthcare industry feel the need to deliver better healthcare outcomes and to relieve pressure on limited resources. In the context of static business models and substantial regulatory burden, a new level of creativity and collaboration is necessary to successfully innovate, and to unlock the promise of (digital) technologies.
Hack Healthcare is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for the Healthcare industry. Its purpose is to help you to come up with new ideas, to explore new business models and new technologies, and to immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
THEMES AND CHALLENGES OF
HACK HEALTHCARE 2021 EDITION
Personalized Prevention (hosted by Roche)
Connect technology, data/RWE, and HCPs to create innovative personalized prevention services.
- BETTER HEALTH CHOICES EVERY DAY: Empower individuals diagnosed with early-stage neurodegenerative diseases to manage their conditions over long term by providing them with data-driven insights and recommendations.
- TRIGGER HEALTH CHECK-UPS: Increase frequency of healthy citizens of doing regular check-ups by leveraging behavioural science in collaboration with health insurers, employers and the more traditional healthcare actors.
- UNLEASH PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS: Trigger consultations with GPs or specialists, or a contact with a tele-consultation provider based on anomalies detected in behavioural, exercise or nutrition data from a wide range of data sources.
Beyond Telemedicine (HOSTED BY IN4CARE)
Explore new technology applications for patient monitoring and decision support for HCPs; develop business models for novel telemedicine use cases.
- EXPAND HOSPITAL SERVICES WITH TELEMEDICINE: Develop new telemedicine-based services that would help hospitals free up more time for empathy with patients, deliver overall better standard of care and generate new revenues.
- INTEGRATED CANCER PATIENT PATHWAYS (HOSTED BY MSD): Provide cancer patients with a more convenient and connected patient care experience by offering a personalised, integrated care pathway including off-the-shelf telemedicine solutions, especially tele-consultations.
Data Value Chains (HOSTED BY VITO)
Construct new data value chains for collecting and sharing patient data and data from novel sources on request from HCPs, as well as for other applications such as clinical trials.
- FITNESS AFICIONADOS GATEWAY: Allow digital fitness aficionados to collect and connect data from a variety of sources in a single data collection gateway, to build personalised dashboards, and to run standardised and individual analyses.
- RARE DISEASE DATA: Enable rare disease patients to proactively share medical and real-world data towards researchers, pharmaceutical and medtech companies through a central, trusted gateway in an easy-to-use, ethical, and GDPR-compliant way. Patients would also have full access to their data, information on how the data are used, and research results.
- CLINICAL TRIALS RECRUITMENT: Assist pharmaceutical and medtech companies in recruiting patients and healthy citizens for clinical trials by establishing and populating a database of potential trial participants across a wide variety of conditions, and enabling trial organisers to identify the right trial participants and contact them in full respect of ethical principles and privacy.
Alternative financing models (HOSTED BY ABSYM)
Identify and develop new possibilities to finance accelerated implementation of digital healthcare innovation and prevention.
- FUNDING PREVENTIVE CARE: Accelerate the deployment of preventive care provided by primary care practitioners by unlocking new sources of funding.
- BETTER HOSPITAL CARE FOR LESS: Enable hospitals to identify possible cost savings by comparing best practices with peer hospitals and optimising internal processes, delivery of chronic care and elective procedures while maitaining or improving the standard of care.
Here’s how all of the
Hack events work
- Deep dives in the problems and opportunities delivered by a cross- functional team of experts
- Two rounds of ideation and networking
- Technology briefings: case studies of technology implementations from Belgium and abroad
- Team formation and networking sessions
- Idea stretching and validation with experts and users
- Solution mapping, elaboration and validation with experts & prosumers
- Presentations to peers and panelists
- Reception & networking
CO-CREATED WITH THE HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
Themes and challenges for Hack Healthcare have been identified in collaboration with of over 50 healthcare professionals, patients, representatives of pharmaceutical and insurance companies, startups and researchers.
SOLVING PROBLEMS AS AN ECOSYSTEM
Some problems are just too large for any one company to solve. They require an entirely new way for stakeholders to interact, a new business model, or a completely different set of technologies. The hardest ones will require combined resources of several companies.
Others can be solved just by having an open conversation between the stakeholders, or by applying a fresh perspective to old problems.
That’s why we make sure that the entire healthcare ecosystem is represented at Hack Healthcare, that the atmosphere of the event supports open and frank conversations, as well as creates the trust necessary to build the collaborations necessary to solve the most pressing issues in Healthcare.
Hack Healthcare is open to participants from across the entire healthcare ecosystem: product managers, IT and operations specialists, business developers and other hands-on professionals from across the healthcare industry. Front-line staff, middle management and senior leaders are all welcome!
Pharmaceutical companies, insurance and health-tech companies.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Hospitals, care homes, home care organisations, patient organisations, individual healthcare practitioners.
STARTUP AND STARTUP ECOSYSTEM
Startups and startup organisations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
Government and NGOs
in person or online
After a year of running online events – from ideation workshops to full-scale hackathons – we’re convinced that online events do not provide the same level of human connection and collaborative creativity necessary for a successful innovation experience.
But they can come pretty close.
While we hope that Hack Healthcare 2021 will take place in person, we’re also preparing for a fully online experience.
The humans behind Hack Healthcare.
BECAUSE A HACKATHON
IS COMPLICATED TO ORGANIZE,
IT DESERVES ATTENTION FROM
ONE OF OUR FOUNDERS, LEO.