A NEW KIND OF OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
Organizations across the Healthcare industry feel the need to deliver better healthcare outcomes and to relieve pressure on limited resources. In the context of static business models and substantial regulatory burden, a new level of creativity and collaboration is necessary to successfully innovate, and to unlock the promise of (digital) technologies.
Hack Healthcare is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for the Healthcare industry. Its purpose is to help you to come up with new ideas, to explore new business models and new technologies, and to immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
HACK HEALTHCARE 2022 EDITION
Preventive Health & Early Diagnosis
Develop new services, new networks, and new business models for more effective collaborations between players from the different sides of the healthcare ecosystem to improve early diagnosis success rate.
- ALERTNESS FOR EARLY ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE SYMPTOMS: How might we help family members of potential AD patients identify early symptoms of dementia (unusual changes in behaviours, for example), and empower them to have an informed, documented conversations with GPs (e.g. backed up by scientifically validated home-based memory tests) that would trigger referrals to neurologists more consistently and confirm or exclude the diagnosis?
- ACCELERATING DISEASE CONTROL FOR PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS PATIENTS: How might we design a solution to reduce the time needed to achieve disease control? How could we for identify relevant data points to build predictive models that would assign a treatment response prediction score for various treatment options, enabling shared decision making for specialists and patients, and resulting in patients achieving disease stability and a better quality of life sooner?
- PERSONALISED HEALTH DASHBOARD: How might we create a personalised dashboard that would combine different types of health data (fitness device data, blood tests, food and vitamin intake, nutritionist advice, etc.) to produce an overview which allows to set realistic goals without the risk of micromanaging health, and – in the longer term – enable use of data for disease prevention and wellness improvement?
Fluid Data for Better Care
Turn data into value by integrating it from different sources, interpreting it, sharing it, and building services on it for better patient journeys, RWE, and other immediate applications.
- TRACTION FOR OPEN DATA: How might we leverage market mechanisms to consistently and easily identify data needs (in the first step) of pharma companies (both for research and market access purposes), with high ROI and urgency, so that resources (with support from the HDA) could be directed at finding and delivering the most widely useful, most relevant data sources, from annotating current data to generating new patient data?
- ACCURATE PICTURE OF PATIENT JOURNEY: How might we collect, verify, augment, and analyse these data to build an accurate picture of the patient journey, taking into account the patient experience and clinical data?
- DIGITAL “CARNET DE SANTE”/GEZONDHEIDSBOEK: How might we provide a digital tool for healthy citizens, including parents handling their children’s care, to collect, review and easily share the health data they need on a regular basis from a broad range of providers of healthcare services (from paediatrician or dentist to prescription history), and automate proactive collection of future data? In other words, how might we create an evolving digital version of the “carnet de sante”, enhanced with “carnet de vaccine”, insurance and mutuality information?
Enhancing Patient Experience through Knowledge
- CANCER TEST OVERVIEW: How might we show the patients the progress towards test results in a single, easy-to-use interface, while providing them with necessary background information on each test type, as well as keeping them on the tests to come, helping them navigate towards their diagnosis?
- TREATMENT CONTEXT FOR PATIENTS How might we leverage existing tools and platforms to enable patients and to involve them more actively and effectively in their care path regardless of their location (consultation, hospital, home), and to increase their knowledge and sense of ownership in digital and medical literacy?
- EMPOWERING MS PATIENTS THROUGH COMMUNICATION: How might we empower the patients and broaden the communication directly to them about MS disease and what they are entitled to expect in terms of disease management, so they can better understand the disease and play a more active role in the disease management?
Streamlining Hospitals' Workflows
Improve quality of care and save time for hospital staff by creatively rethinking patient journeys through hospitals and outside them, developing new tools and sharing best practices.
- STREAMLINING NURSES’ SHIFT HANDOVER: At the beginning and at the end of every shift, nurses spend a substantial amount of time handing over information about the patients, changes in their condition, actions to be performed, etc.: a very time-consuming task. How might we streamline this process?
- DIGITAL FRONT DOOR: How might we create a “digital front door” that would replace non-value-adding paper-based interactions, send the data towards applications that need it, while increasing security and reducing effort for the patients?
ALL OF OUR HACK EVENTS WORK
- Deep dives in the problems and opportunities delivered by a cross- functional team of experts
- Two rounds of ideation and networking
- Technology briefings: case studies of technology implementations from Belgium and abroad
- Team formation and networking sessions
- Idea stretching and validation with experts and users
- Solution mapping, elaboration and validation with experts & prosumers
- Presentations to peers and panelists
- Reception & networking
SOLVING PROBLEMS AS AN ECOSYSTEM
Others can be solved just by having an open conversation between the stakeholders, or by applying a fresh perspective to old problems.
That’s why we make sure that the entire healthcare ecosystem is represented at Hack Healthcare, that the atmosphere of the event supports open and frank conversations, as well as creates the trust necessary to build the collaborations necessary to solve the most pressing issues in Healthcare.
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF HACK HEALTHCARE CREATED?
Four upcoming Ecosystem Workshops (one per theme) are your fisrt opportunity to learn more about the Themes and the Challenges of Hack Healthcare, to have an impact on the content of the event, and of course to start building new connections with other future participants.
Pharmaceutical companies, insurance and health-tech companies.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Hospitals, care homes, home care organisations, patient organisations, individual healthcare practitioners.
STARTUP AND STARTUP ECOSYSTEM
Startups and startup organisations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
Government and NGOs
The humans behind Hack Healthcare.