A NEW KIND OF AN OPEN INNOVATION EVENT THAT HELPS HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM SOLVE TOUGH TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS CHALLENGES TOGETHER
Organizations across the Healthcare industry feel the need to deliver better healthcare outcomes and to relieve pressure on limited resources. In the context of static business models and substantial regulatory burden, a new level of creativity and collaboration is necessary to successfully innovate, and to unlock the promise of (digital) technologies.
Hack Healthcare is an Open Innovation event aimed at creating ingenious, unorthodox solutions for the Healthcare industry. Its purpose is to help you to come up with new ideas, to explore new business models and new technologies, and to immediately test these ideas with your fellow participants. You’ll also forge new collaborations to help you start implementing your ideas the day after the event.
THEMES AND CHALLENGES OF HACK HEALTHCARE 2020 EDITION
Personalized Prevention (hosted by Roche)
- Better explain healthcare reality and recommended choices to healthy citizens and patients need to make for healthier lifestyles through transforming how the diagnoses and recommendations are delivered from doctors to patients with storytelling and data. Expand the application of readily available patient information tools.
- Investigate the opportunities to incentivize healthy citizens to carry out regular check-ups through collaboration with health insurers, employers, and more traditional healthcare actors.
- Motivate healthy citizens and patients to collect and share more healthcare data with HCPs and other healthcare ecosystem players by demonstrating usefulness of data (as well as with behavioral and financial incentives)
- Find new business models for remote examinations in geriatric care, at home and in residential care facilities.
Data Value Chains
- Create tools for collecting and sharing data on demand between hospitals.
- Develop business models (and tools) to optimize data collection for clinical trials.
Alternative financing models
- Build a new model for financing innovative healthcare tools.
- Establish a new business model for primary care practitioners focused on prevention.
HOW IS THE CONTENT OF HACK HEALTHCARE CREATED?
Hack Healthcare is open to participants from across the entire healthcare ecosystem: product managers, IT and operations specialists, business developers and other hands-on professionals from across the healthcare industry. Front-line staff, middle management and senior leaders are all welcome!
Pharmaceutical companies, insurance and health-tech companies.
KEY ECOSYSTEM ACTORS
Hospitals, care homes, home care organisations, patient organisations, individual healthcare practitioners.
Startups and startup organisations (incubators, clusters, etc.)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Research institutions, IT and tech service providers
OTHER INVOLVED PARTIES
Government and NGOs
IN-PERSON EVENTS FOR THE POST-COVID-19 ERA
Experience shows that online events do not provide the kind of human connection and collaborative creativity necessary for a successful innovation experience.
Hack Healthcare will take place in person with full range of precautions: number of participants within permitted limits, disposable masks and hand gels, overnight cleaning, etc.
In case tightened regulations make the events impossible on their scheduled dates, the events will be postponed by approximately 3 months.
The humans behind Hack Healthcare.
BECAUSE A GOOD HACKATHON
IS A HARD THING TO CREATE,
IT DESERVES ATTENTION FROM
ONE OF OUR FOUNDERS, LEO
CHECK OUT OTHER EVENTS
This year we’re organizing a series of five interconnected events: Hack Healthcare, Hack UR, Hack Logistics, Hack Mobility and Hack Utilities. Each of the events is your opportunity to discover a partiuclar ecosystem, to dive deep into its problems, and to meet its leading innovators. Have a look at the content of the other four events:
- February 3-4, 2021
- February 23-24
- March 23-24
- April 27-28